[cvsnt] unexpected '\x0' reading revision number in RCS file

Jesse cvs at gamesthatwork.com
Thu Jun 1 16:05:11 BST 2006

I recently try manually modifying some CVS files, both to gain some
knowledge and to make some batch changes.  Afterwards, I tried retriving
histories, old versions, etc, and was successful.

However, now when I try to check the history of a file, I get:
"cvs [server aborted]: unexpected '\x0' reading revision number in RCS file
E:/WORKS/Game/Models/Refinery00.mmp,v"

Some of these files aren't even ones affected by the batch process!

Any ideas?

The server is CVSNT version 2.5.01.1976 (Travis).
The client is CVSNT version 2.0.62.1817, wrapped by TortoiseCVS version
1.8.17