[cvsnt] Re: unexpected '\x0' reading revision number in RCS file

Jesse cvs at gamesthatwork.com
Fri Jun 2 19:10:57 BST 2006

I certainly hope there was no way to do it, as I'll feel foolish.
I had a bunch of files that had been committed by users using the -kv or -kb
option that needed to use the -kB or -kBx option.  The resulting larger
filesize was literally crashing the server when people attempted to obtain
older versions of these resources (the ,v files reached 800+ mb ).  So I had
to get every old version, copy it over to a different directory, and
recommit it.

In some cases, I used a program I wrote to chop up the ,v files into
managable files to get the old versions without crashing ther server.

Then, I wanted to keep the revision history, so I wrote a program that went
through all the old and new ,v files, and copied the relevent information
(author, date, state, commitid and log message) from the old ,v to the new
,v.

I was able to retrieve old versions, and diffed them, etc.

It's possible that the code I used to copy the header info added the null
char at the end of the file.

And it certainly was risky, but I did try my best.

Apparently I failed...

Jesse
news:e5nm70$330$2 at paris.nodomain.org...