[cvsnt] CVSNT Control Panel not working

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sat Jun 3 07:28:10 BST 2006

On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 00:45:04 +0200, David Somers <dsomers at omz13.com>
wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>> I am not a CVSNT developer and I have no clue as to what depends on
>> what except by experience over the years...
>
>http://www.dependencywalker.com/
>This tool will show the exe/dll dependencies.

Cool,
I tested it now on my cvsnt build 2344 installation and I got some
strange results:

simcpl.cpl
----------
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing
export function in a delay-load dependent module.

And the MPR.DLL line at the top of the list is marked with a red icon.
When I look at thsat specific dll it marks function
WNetRestoreConnectionA in red color

cvsnt.cpl
---------
Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing
export function in a delay-load dependent module.

There are 4 lines marked with question marks at the top of the list:
DNSSD.DLL
HOWL.DLL
LIBQ.DLL
Then follows the red marked file MPR.DLL as above.

Still both files bring up the control panel on my system when
doubleclicked.

CVSNT 2.0.51d
-------------
Here I could only check cvsnt.cpl since simcpl.cpl did not exist back
in July 2004.
The result was similar to the simcpl.cpl shown above (MPR.DLL)

I am still confused concerning the difference between cvsnt.cpl and
simcpl.cpl, why are there two files in the first place? And why do
they differ in their dependencies?

I guess Webmaster33 might have a go at his system with
DependencyWalker to see if he has additional missing dependencies.

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)