[cvsnt] (no subject)

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Mon Jun 5 18:44:01 BST 2006

Essentially files in a directory are usually dependent on each other (in the source case) or related (in the document case).  If you have directories where half the files shouldn't be seen then this suggests a reorganisation of the files would achieve the results in a more reliable way.

If the documents are really that sensitive personally I'd recommend a separate repository, as we do here with our internal stuff.

Internally what happens is the user has a directory they can't properly update.. Either it fails completely or the error messages screw up any frontend they may be using (since most users use a frontend of some sort).  This doesn't help their experience much - it would be better for them if they never knew the 'privileged' documents ever existed.