[cvsnt] Re: unexpected '\x0' reading revision number in RCS file

Jesse cvs at gamesthatwork.com
Tue Jun 6 14:53:35 BST 2006

Sorry, by 1/10 of this thread, I actually meant 1/10 of the support.cvsnt
message board.  It was hyperbole, and apparently outdated at that.  But it
seems that there are bugs in build 2260 (re: [cvsnt] Re: Can no longer
commit binary files (w/delta) after
2260update (audit-issue?) ) a thread that you actually commented on.

When I think of binary files, I'm thinking specifically of large art files
that require binary deltas.

But my statement was actually in respose to Glen's comment that I should
upgrade.  I am wary about changing anything if people are having problems
( hardly an noble sentiment, I know).

The bug was caused myself.  I forgot to decriment the bytes my converter had
read when it hit the EOF, causing the zero'd out buffer to be one character
too long... a null character was thus added to the end.

Took a while to find.

news:0a24825s7rhq228g25bfjqpcjnbr5ra8i5 at 4ax.com...