[cvsnt] Adding Module "Bad CVSROOT"

Greg gwadsworth at mehtatech.com
Thu Jun 8 15:46:12 BST 2006

Hello Everyone.

First let me apologize for the silly questions I will likely be asking.

I am new to CVSNT.  I have used an existing repository under Linux but have never set one up from scratch.  I have downloaded CVSNT
2.5.03 build 2260 from March-Hare and Tortoisecvs-1.8.26. I followed the installation procedure by Bo Berglund as best I could.
When I get to the Tortoise portion about creating a new module I get a Bad CVSROOT.  I am selecting an empty folder as the source of
the module.  Do I need to have the files in that folder or point to a folder which contains the files.  I was hoping to start this
using a very simple project made up of one .c file and one .h file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Greg.

The Error Message follows.

In C:\DOCUME~1\myname\LOCALS~1\Temp\TortoiseCVS make new module temp\: "C:\Program Files\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe" "-q" "-x" "import"
"-m" "" "Apps" "tcvs-vendor" "tcvs-release"
CVSROOT=:sspi:myname at myserver:2401:cvsrpos

cvs.exe import: CVSROOT (":sspi:myname at myserver:2401:cvsrpos")
cvs.exe import: requires a path spec
cvs.exe import: :sspi[;keyword=value...]:[username[:password]@]host[:port][:]/path
cvs.exe [import aborted]: Bad CVSROOT.

Error, CVS operation failed