[cvsnt] Re: forcing a commit even if a trigger script says abo

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Fri Jun 9 15:55:27 BST 2006

Tony Hoyle wrote:
> You can use $VARIABLE on the command line and it'll use user variables if
> it finds one by that name (or the old cvshome $=VARIABLE should still
> work).

Sorry Tony, its just not working (for me!).

e.g.
CVSROOT/postcommand
 ALL /bin/bash -c "echo compliance is ${=COMPLIANCE} ;"

 $ cvs -s COMPLIANCE=FUDGE commit -m "test"
cvs commit: Examining .
Checking in dummy.txt;
/wibble/pr/dummy.txt,v  <--  dummy.txt
done
compliance is

So its not pickup up the user variable.
If I look at the rcs file, it is being written, so that all works :-).

I stuck some trace into info_trigger.cpp, and it looks like its correctly
working out that COMPLIANCE is a user variable, but it doesn't seem to find
it (gen_info.uservar.find(tmp.c_str()) - line +- 1648 doesn't find it)

Any ideas?

--
David Somers
PGP Key = 7E613D4E