[cvsnt] unrecognized auth response

bwhicks at aep.com bwhicks at aep.com
Mon Jun 12 16:56:26 BST 2006

Hi folks,

Our basic setup is as follows.

We have cvsnt (version 2.5.02.2099) running on Red Hat ES3.6. Clients run
windows XP Pro and connect using sspi (the server uses winbind to connect
to a windows 2000 active directory, which was recently updated to a 2003
active directory, I think it's a mix between 2000 and 2003).  We have a
group of users that use a product called "cruise control" which
periodically checks out the project, checks to see if things changed, and
compiles everything and reports all failures.

They have been intermittently been getting error messages from CVS which
say "unrecognized auth response from [hostname]". This seems to be pretty
much the only error message anywhere in the system.

Does anyone have any idea as to the cause of this?

Thanks!

Brian