[cvsnt] Re: Create tag on older version

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Thu Jun 15 08:47:45 BST 2006

Bo Berglund wrote:
> People who don't use the newsgroup and are responding to a message
> received by email quite often do not use the Reply-All or Reply-Group
> function, they use Reply instead. This sends their reply ONLY to the
> person who wrote the message they are replying to. Such replies
> obviously will get neither to the list nor to the newsgroup.
> I believe this is why the message is missing.

Correct. I replied directly by email since I though it was getting a bit OT.

> Everything sent to the newsgroup also gets to the mail list and
> everything sent to the list gets to the newsgroup. But replies sent in
> private to only one person does not of course...

Correct. Sometimes I send to the list via email, othertimes via news (it all
just depends on which machine I'm working on at the time).

Greetings from (finally not-so-sunny and now cool-and-wet) Luxembourg,

--
David Somers
typographer/programmer/man-with-too-many-post-nominals