[cvsnt] Re: Migrating from (SCCS to) RCS to CVSNT?

El Gringo Blanco reverenced at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 11:48:38 BST 2006

The RCS repository (directory) structure is very basic, just the ,v files in
subdirectories (which are part of/correspond to the source tree). Each
directory in the RCS repository also has a CVS directory under it, which in
turn holds the fileattr.xml file (these files were automatically created by
the script that I use to convert from SCCS to RCS).

This whole repository directory is then copied where all source modules
usually exist. Into the same directory that holds CVSROOT.

Nothing else is done, after this users are able to checkout and work on
files. The whole thing compiles just fine and binaries all seem ok (I  will
possibly write a tool to verify each file is at the same revision it was in
SCCS before the final migration).

Best Regards,
El gringo blanco

PS. Sorry about the formatting of the first mail, it seems explicit line
changes were a bad idea