[cvsnt] Samba share and line endings

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Sun Jun 18 10:48:19 BST 2006

Torsten Martinsen wrote:

> Jason Wisnieski wrote:
>
>> That same post I found suggests using the -k+L option on checkout as a
>> safer
>> method than --lf. cvsnt doesn't recognize this kopt, however. Could
>> someone
>> please offer me a solution for maintaining this shared sandbox?
>
> Since noone has responded to this, and since I have also discovered that
> -k+L only works against CVSNT servers, I have to assume that there is no
> way to maintain a sandbox with UNIX line endings using current CVSNT
> client versions?
>
> This is quite important to me, as it will mean that TortoiseCVS cannot
> any longer offer this feature.

I think this is a (minor) problem with tortoise.

When you choose to checkout with unix lineendings, its doing
cvs --lf co module ....
instead of
cvs co -k+L module

So the cvsnt client will throw up a warning... but your files will still be
correctly co'd with unix lineends.

FYI, this bug/feature is being tracked on as Tortoise bug #1491655.

--
David Somers
typographer/programmer/whatever