[cvsnt] Samba share and line endings

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Mon Jun 19 01:47:42 BST 2006

Torsten Martinsen wrote:
> That may be, but will this continue to be the case, seeing as the option
> is deprecated?
>
> BTW, the warning message is "Obsolete --lf option used. Please update
> your client", which is kind of weird as I *am* already using the latest
> client.

It really means frontend.

--lf bypasses the processing of linefeeds.  On older cvsnt (and I think still
on cvshome repositories) this can easily lead to corrupt repositories.  cvsnt
servers now have multiple checks to avoid this situation, but it's really not
a good idea since not every server is a recent cvsnt server.

Samba shares are not supported in any way...  the sandbox should always be
local to the client so this issue never arises.