[cvsnt] Re: information currency economic proposal - ic-cvs functionality in cvsnt for $9500?

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Tue Jun 20 10:28:36 BST 2006

J. Patrick Bedell wrote:
[snip]
>    In return for this payment, I will return the information currency
> for the necessary changeset at ic.infoeng.org to you once the
> necessary changes have been made.
>    I would also welcome a counter-offer for the implementation of
> information currency into cvsnt.

Here's a counter offer: You go off and implement your information currency
system into cvsnt (by using the plugin system to extend its functionality
or some other means)... then make your implementation available on a
commercial basis... people will then evaluate it and if its of any benefit
to them: they'll buy your implementation; you'll recoup your development
costs; you may make a profit; you'll get vast amounts of fame and fortune
too.

[snip]
>    This is a request on my part for you to set a price, an essential
> part of the process of market evaluation of source code quality.

I hate to say it, but source code quality generally has little, if anything,
to do with its worth in the market...I've worked on systems that sell for
very large amounts of money, yet the underlying source code was awful (but
it was still "Quality" code since the development process was done to ISO
9001).

--
David Somers