[cvsnt] Linux Unicode

Randy McCharles RandyMcCharles at smarttech.com
Wed Jun 21 22:05:10 BST 2006

We are doing cross-platform development for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

We've run into a problem where our Unicode files are stored in CVSNT (2.0.51c) as UTF-8.
Windows and Mac will check these out fine into UTF-16 (Little Endian), but Linux does not recognize the BYTE ORDER MARK (U+FEFF) at the beginning of the file, causing the checked-out version to be incorrectly formatted.

Is there a Linux client that will check out the CVSNT Unicode files correctly? Or do we need to store all Unicode files as binary?
(Currently we are doing all Linux Unicode check-in/out in Windows and porting the files, but this is becoming a productivity hit.)

Any help is very welcome.
Thanks

Randy McCharles

SMART Technologies Inc.