[cvsnt] Re: Merging and Binaries

Trevor Leybourne trevor.leybourne at aderant.com
Mon Jun 26 02:28:59 BST 2006

Gerhard,

I agree that I think it should be seen as a conflict since it cannot
merge, which was one of the points of my question.

And yes, I can issue a CVS EDIT command and then commit the file
(although not from TortoiseCVS as it will not give me that option -- I
need to run cvs edit from the command line).

We have our repository quite nicely setup so I can merge on a folder by
folder basis rather than the whole sandbox and therefore only do the
textual files rather than binary anyway, its just a bit more work. I had
expected conflicts to occur when a Binary was attempted to merge and for
me to select which file I would keep and then I can manually update the
file or use a special tool for merging Oracle forms.

Cheers
Trevor