[cvsnt] Re: Synchronizing two repositories

booly booly at infonie.fr
Tue Jun 27 19:09:17 BST 2006

Hi,

I faced the same situation with a our engeenering dept in brazil. Our server
isn't open to internet and there was no available VPN connection.

To solve this the repository was zipped to time a day and send between
Europe and Brazil. We played with local time offset to define when each team
can locally commit change into the repository. (moring in europe and
afternoon in brazil)

I hope this can help you

"Steven Whatmore" <Stevenw at sigmasoft.ca> a écrit dans le message de news:
mailman.719.1151430919.312.cvsnt at cvsnt.org...
Good afternoon,

I have two separate repositories which are logically supposed to be the
same. One of the repositories is here in our Canadian development shop
and one in our India development shop, which I can only assume was done
for performance purposes due to the slow WAN link (predates my term
here).

Are there any best practices / tools for maintaining / synchronizing
these two repositories (hopefully automated).

Thanks in advance.

Whatty

Steve Whatmore
Technical Lead Web Development