[cvsnt] perl vs python

Joe.VanQuakebeke at ingenix.com Joe.VanQuakebeke at ingenix.com
Wed Jun 28 14:32:10 BST 2006

> At Tuesday 27/6/2006 10:47, Van Quakebeke, Joe wrote:
>
> >     Is there any known problems with using python for the verifymsg
> >and commitinfo scripts?
>
> I use python routinely for all scripts with no problems.
>
> >I seem to be running into differences between the way arguments are
> >passed to python vs perl.  Especially the argv list.
> >If I just print out the argv list from my perl and python scripts I
> >will get two very different values passed by cvsnt.
>
> I didn't look at the cvsnt code, but I don't think it cares
> about which scripting language is used.
> Do you specify the full path to the python/perl interpreter
> as the first argument?

Both interpreters are in my path.  Also, I run the python script outside
of CVSNT with a test file and it runs great.  I took a look at the
script_trigger.cpp and only found one reference and that related to
appending a .py to the end of string.

Joseph

"Secure Server GDV" made the following
 annotations on 06/28/2006 08:32:11 AM
------------------------------"This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and delete this e-mail immediately."