[cvsnt] Re: checkout slow if network involved

booly booly at infonie.fr
Thu Jun 29 14:14:51 BST 2006

I'm using cvsnt on LAN with no problem.

What is you confiiuration ?
What protocol do you use?

Regards**

"Stéphane Nicoll" <Stephane.Nicoll at bsb.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
mailman.753.1151527835.312.cvsnt at cvsnt.org...
Hello list,

I am still working on performence issues with CVSNT, latest build on a
powerful box. The checkout on the machine hosting the server both using
@localhost and @host is *really* fast (I could not expect it to be faster
actually).

Running the checkout on a separate machine is much much slower. I've tried
with a hub and even with a direct cable link between the 2 ethernet cards.
Is there anything I can do to optimize this? The problem I am facing seems
to be an network outage (the checkout takes 20 files then stops for a second
or two, then continues). Since I have the same with a direct link
connection, it does not seem to be a bandwidth issue.

Note that I am facing the exact same problem with a Redhat Enterprise setup
with a "standard" cvs server.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Stéphane --------------------------------------------------------

Stéphane Nicoll (Stephane.Nicoll at bsb.com )
Senior Consultant

BSB Belgium (www.bsb.com)
Avenue Athéna 2 - B-1348 Louvain-la-Neuve
T:+32 (0)10 48 79 77 - F:+32 (0)10 48 34 99
BUSINESS SOLUTIONS BUILDERS DISCLAIMER
This e-mail message and any attachments are intended exclusively for the
addressee(s) and may contain information which is confidential and/or
protected by intellectual property rights. If you receive this e-mail by
mistake, please notify immediately the sender, or Business Solutions
Builders (by e-mail at disclaimer at bsb.com), and delete the message and any
attachments without printing, copying or opening it. Any disclosure,
reproduction, distribution or use of this message or any attachments, by
persons other than the designed addressee(s), is strictly prohibited. E-mail
transmission and Internet use cannot be guaranteed to be secure. Business
Solutions Builders and its subsidiaries cannot be held responsible for any
loss, delay or damage arising from their use.