[cvsnt] CVSMailer group sending

Aleksander Pahor aleksander.pahor at hermes.si
Thu Mar 2 11:31:53 GMT 2006

Hi.

Two questions :)

First one:
--------------
I would like to send some commit notifys trough CVSMailer. I added users to "users" file and defined groups in "groups" file (TestGrp1:user1,user2). I added both to "loginfousers" file (user and group names).
"loginfo" contains this:
DEFAULT E:/Programs/CVSMailer/CVSMailer.exe -l$CVSPID "$USER" $CVSROOT "-rTestGrp1" %{sVv}

After I commit a file somewhere the debug from CVSMailer reads:
20060302 12:11:03 DEBUG: Reading the command line users: TestGrp1
20060302 12:11:03 DEBUG: Parsing the subscribed users
20060302 12:11:03 DEBUG: Found user TestGrp1
20060302 12:11:03 No log recipients!

So, CVSMailer gets the parameters right and recognizes it has to send mails to all users in the group, but at the end - no mail is sent (group not resolved?). I don't want to list again all the users from the group in "loginfo" file. I want to keep the list in one place only ("groups" file). Any idea what I did wrong?

And the second question: