[cvsnt] sserver not working on XP Pro

James Baxendale jrpbax at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 4 05:38:45 GMT 2006

Hi,

  I have been attempting to get sserver connectivity to a CVSNT server working on a Windows XP Professional Version 2002, serivce pack 2 machine. I am running CVSNT 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2151.

  I can successfully connect using pserver and issue cvs checkout commands as expected. However whenever I try to use sserver using a CVSROOT of the form

  :sserver:me at localhost:/MyRepo

  by issing a command like

  cvs co blah

  I get the following exception

SSL connection failed (-1): error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number
cvs [checkout aborted]: Connection to server failed
  I have looked through all the archives and googled this to death but to no avail. I am attempting to issue this command from a cmd window on the machine which is hosting the CVSNT repository.

  Any ideas?

  Thanks,

  James