[cvsnt] Re: Control panel invisible...

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sun Mar 5 19:01:49 GMT 2006

On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 17:42:25 +0000, Tony Hoyle
<tony.hoyle at march-hare.com> wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>> On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 19:28:55 +0100, Bo Berglund
>>
>> Question (for Tony):
>> What does simcpl.cpl really do? It seems like a confusing item. Should
>> it really even be installed? It is still part of the binaries
>> distribution but it is not mentioned in the cvsnt.wxs file.
>>

>It chances the library search path so the system can find its libraries
>eg. cvsapi.  The standard control panel always starts from system32
>which isn't particularly useful.

But it looks strange if I have the simcpl mentioned in the registry
with a path to the CVSNT install folder:
*Two* Control Panel applets show up with different fish icons...

If I change to cvsnt.cpl in the registry then only one icon shows up
and this is the new one.

I made the following experiment:
- Registry mentions cvsnt.cpl
- Checked Control Panel: one icon shown
- Moved away the cvsnt.cpl file
- Control Panel does not show anything
- Changed registry entry to simcpl.cpl: nothing in Control Panel
- Moved back cvsnt.cpl: Control Panel shows *two* icons
- Changed registry entry to cvsnt.cpl
- Control Panel: Only one icon remains

Really confusing, especially this double icon thing...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)