[cvsnt] Re: HPUX 11.11 Build of CVSNT

Jan Giesen jan.giesen at web.de
Tue Mar 7 22:03:51 GMT 2006

"MANTHEI, BRYAN" <bmanthei at valspar.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.1163.1141744364.17086.cvsnt at cvsnt.org...

> Any Suggestions to resolving my make of CVSNT for HPUX 11.11.   Any
> other suggestions for HPUX would be appreciated as well.

> Thanks

Dear Bryan,

cf. http://list.nodomain.org/pipermail/cvsnt-dev/2005-November/000292.html
Your problem is listed under "5." in the referenced message.

It's caused by a bug in the HPUX include file /usr/include/netinet/in.h,
in which mreq is normally declared, but not when the parameter
"_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED" is defined as CPPFLAG.

You can fix the problem e.g. by encapsulating in mdnsclient.c the line
#include netinet/in.h
as follows:
#undef _XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED
#include netinet/in.h
#define _XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED

Note that most of the other issues listed in the referenced message above,
are obsolete for CVSNT 2.5.03.2260, since many issues are already fixed
in the CVSNT database.
Basically CVSNT 2.5.03.2260 builds fine under HPUX 11.11.

In our HPUX environment I have still the problem that CVSNT coredumps,
when the "Trigger" shared libraries are unloaded from memory. I can only
avoid this coredump by disabling the unload, i.e. through bypassing
the function "CloseAllTriggers()" in the file cvstools/TriggerLibrary.cpp.

Best regards
                   Jan Giesen

Making all in mdnsclient
        source='dns.c' object='dns.lo' libtool=yes \
        depfile='.deps/dns.Plo' tmpdepfile='.deps/dns.TPlo' \
        depmode=gcc3 /bin/sh ../depcomp \
        /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.
:
:
/usr/include/machine/sys/setjmp.h:45: error: redefinition of `struct
label_t'
mdnsclient.c: In function `mdns_open':
mdnsclient.c:102: error: storage size of `mreq' isn't known
mdnsclient.c: In function `process_server':
mdnsclient.c:923: warning: passing arg 4 of `qsort' from incompatible
pointer type
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.
*** Error exit code 1