[cvsnt] Multiple repositories

Peter Crowther Peter.Crowther at melandra.com
Wed Mar 8 12:52:08 GMT 2006

> From: John Hall
> So it is preferable to have your temporary directory on a
> different drive than your repository then?

If you have several sets of spindles, then putting the temp directory on
a different set of spindles from the repository should improve
performance.

Putting the temp files on a different partition on the same set of
spindles will probably reduce performance somewhat due to greater head
movement, although that has to be traded against fragmentation issues -
you might win, and it might even depend on the filesystems in use on the
partitions - the ex-academic in me would be interested in the results if
anyone benchmarks it.

		- Peter