[cvsnt] Re: Latest Updates - CVSNT 2.5.03 Build 2260

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Fri Mar 10 16:05:00 GMT 2006

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> Oliver Giesen wrote:
> > This request came from the situation that a user deselected the
> > server components upon installation and subsequently was not able
> > to use the SSPI protocol because the mdnsclient.dll was not
> > installed. So far my installer considered this DLL part of the
> > Server component and would not install it if that was deselcted.
> > What would be the correct behaviour here?
>
> You always need it - it's part of the core.

OK, thanks. That obviously simplifies the matter. ;)

The download is up on my blog now:

http://ogiesen.livejournal.com/tag/cvsnt

(Note that I did not have time to 64bit-enable this installer yet - if
you need 64bit-support stick with the MSI for now.)

> In general sticking to the file grouping in the wxs files is a good
> idea.

Sure. If only that were a bit easier to read, especially with the
groups and files and components and features and whatnot being
scattered across five or six different files... Does the tool you use
to edit these (which one was that again?) offer some kind of unified
view on these files?

Cheers,

--
Oliver