[cvsnt] sserver with self-signed certificates

Charles Oram charlesoram at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 13 01:41:09 GMT 2006

Hi,
Is it possible to use CVSNT with sserver with self-signed client
certificates?
I've set up CVSNT to use sserver (with a Windows 2003 server) and I would
ideally like to be able to use sserver with client certificates, but as far
as I can make out this does not work with self-signed certificates.
Is there any possibility that future versions of cvsnt might have a
configurable option to allow this?
If I am able to get a proper certificate (yes, I've tried cacert.org, but
that installs the certificate in my browser, which isn't much use to me - I
want it with the key pair in a .pem file like genkey produces) then how do I
get cvsnt to use it correctly?
What I have been trying is to use the following for cvsroot
:sserver;key='c:\mykey.pem':user at server: (where c:\mykey.pem is my key pair
file generated with genkey on the client) and then I paste the
certificate/public key part of mykey.pem into the cvsnt-default.pem file on
the server. This gives an "SSL connection failed (0): error:14094412:SSL
routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert bad certificate" error.
Any help appreciated.

regards,
Charles