[cvsnt] Re: xp home - permissions?..

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Tue Mar 14 01:20:35 GMT 2006

Michael V. Schaefer wrote:
>> i believe my problems currently are incorrect directory permisisons.  i
> am trying to use sspi and i manually set the temp folder permissions to
> not read only but every time i attempt a cvs activity (other
> activities?..) the permissions get reset to read only...

I expect that's XP Home being 'helpful'.  I've never heard of a read
only permission for folders though... you can deny file creation rights
etc. but it's complex (some permissions only apply to subdirectories,
some apply to the current directory but don't inherit, some apply to
files... you need to look at the advanced permissions to see what's
really going on, especially when it comes to things like the temp
directory).

Not sure how you'd get rid of that kind of thing...  create your own
temp directory will help (if you haven't already... c:\windows\temp is
fine on a normal system but XP Home isn't normal..), but it might detect
that and do the same thing as soon as it sees a temp environment
variable set.