[cvsnt] Re: CVS over ssh on Windows

Matthias Buchebner matthias.buchebner at tde.at
Tue Mar 14 10:18:03 GMT 2006

Hi!
I want to do the following: set up a cvs-server that can be accessed from everywhere. So the data must be encrypted. The authentication should be based on ActiveDirectory, so that the windows domain users can  get access (and I don't have to create 100 users in a passwd-file).
I read the link you gave me, but I have some problems.
When I try to use gserver with the following command, this happens:

C:\Program Files\TortoiseCVS>set cvsroot=:gserver:myerver:/CVSROOT

C:\Program Files\TortoiseCVS>cvs ls -l -R
error from myserver: cvs [server aborted]: bad auth protocol start
: BEGIN GSSAPI REQUEST
error

Do you have an idea on how to get this working?
I don't really want to compile anything since I am not a big friend of Microsoft compilers/developing tools.
Thanks,
Matthias