[cvsnt] Re: Commit error on delete - end of file from server

Jan Giesen jan.giesen at web.de
Tue Mar 14 21:08:46 GMT 2006

I have had the same error with CVSNT 2.5.01.1976 client + server. By using
an CVSNT 2.5.03.2151 client with the same server, it was possible to commit
the removed file.

Regards
           Jan Giesen

"Blair Taylor" <blair.taylor.nospam at gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:dv6s4d$nne$1 at paris.nodomain.org...
We have setup CVSNT on a Windows XP Pro machine, CVSNT version 2.5.02.x. We
are also using Tortoise CVS as the client. Everything works well except for
one problem - we cannot commit deleted files (jars or java code). We receive
the following error consistently from every client, even administrators on
the XP box.

Could anyone point us in the right direction in terms of fixing/debugging
this problem?

In C:\code\MyAppDir: "C:\Program Files\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe"
"-q" "commit" "-m" "Some comment."
"src/com/mycompany/util/Somefile.java"
CVSROOT=:pserver:adminuser at ip_addres:2401/CVS_Repo

Removing src/com/mycompany/util/Somefile.java;
cvs [commit aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
any)

Error, CVS operation failed