[cvsnt] Re: SSPI commits to repository saved under author: administrator

Gabriel Genellina gagenellina at softlab.com.ar
Thu Mar 16 21:45:59 GMT 2006

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 17:40:17 -0300, Givler, Eric <egivler at state.pa.us>
wrote:

At Thursday 16/3/2006 17:40, Givler, Eric wrote:

> We have three machines connecting to a CVS NT repository (2.5.3) on a
> Windows
> 2000 box using sspi.  Each user is defined in the CVSROOT/passwd file (no
> password).
>When one of the users attempted to commit to the repository, he got the
> error:
> the "administrator" not found in CVSROOT/passwd.
> Once I added this user (administrator) to the file, any commits that the
> user
> did were authored by "administrator".
>Changes that I do are authored as "DOMAIN\egivler", as well as for
> anotherdeveloper, but not on this workstation.
> In terms of workstations, we all use the same sspi connection string,
> like this:
>:sspi:egivler:/cvs/jdev1012

I assume the user logs in as himself, not "administrator", ok?
Remove administrator from passwd file.
Execute "cvs logout" on the workstation and see if that solves your
problem.
See if that machine is connected to any shared resources (folders,
printers) on the W2000 server using "administrator" as the user name. If
so, Windows may supply that name when connecting to CVSNT.

--
Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL