[cvsnt] Re: Branch "1"

Oliver Koltermann okoltermann_deletethis_ at gmx.de
Fri Mar 17 08:48:38 GMT 2006

Hello Thomas,

Thomas Singer <cvsnt at smartcvs.com> writes:

> No, it's 1 - without any period. Tony, what do you think?
> >> branches. But somehow the client managed to create a branch "1" on
> >> top of the main trunk revisions, which sounded a little bit strange
> >> to me.

We use a (I guess not very common) scheme where "1"-Branches are used
to express file-to-project connections. The files belonging to one
project are marked with an alternate name for the main line (branch
1). We do this for years now - I'm not sure if it could be done using
alias branches today.

I have to call the "cvs admin" command to create this special branch
tags... so if this is the case at your clients site somebody (with
admin rights) there should know about this.

Best regards,
O. Koltermann