[cvsnt] Migrate From CVS-1.11.18 patched by CVSACL-1.2.2

Cheok Yan Cheng yccheok at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 17 20:26:50 GMT 2006

Hello all,

Previously, I had been using CVS-1.11.18 patched by
CVSACL-1.2.2 for nearly one year. Recently, I had
discovered some problem in the ACL path.

I report the issue to the original author of the
patch. However, it seems that ACL path project is not
being active for more that a year.

When I try to track down the source code by myself, I
discover there are several possible flaws in the
source code (most probably I interpret wrongly, please
correct me if I were wrong)

For example, at acl.c, line 196

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/cvsacl/cvsacl/acl.c?rev=1.9&view=markup

the string is not freed after being allocated

Hence, we decide to choose another solution. The CVS
is not within our choice, since it doesn't come with
branch permission feature.

When we come across CVSNT, it seems like just what we
need.

However, our major consideration is on migration from
CVS repository to CVSNT repository. From the mailing
list, I can see there are not major issues while
migration CVS repository->CVSNT repository.

However, how about migrate from CVS-1.11.18 patched by
CVSACL-1.2.2 to CVSNT? Had anyone successfully done
that before? I do not have chance to try it out yet.
Would like to ask for your comment before I do so.

Thank you.

cheok