[cvsnt] Re: Migrate From CVS-1.11.18 patched by CVSACL-1.2.2

Gabriel Genellina gagenellina at softlab.com.ar
Sat Mar 18 02:06:25 GMT 2006

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 21:34:16 -0300, Glen Starrett <glen at starretthome.net>
wrote:

> I've never heard of the CVSACL patch you mention though in a couple
> years on this list, I may have missed it.  Hopefully someone else on the
> list knows something about it.
>
> If I were you I'd look into the details on how CVSACL stores the
> permission information, then post that info to this list.

AFAIK, CVSACL stores its permission information in .access files in each
directory across the repository, not into the RCS files themselves.
So the repository itself should be fully compatible. Someone could write a
script to convert from .access to the xml format used by CVSNT, but unless
the access rules are too complex, it should be easier to define them again
using chacl/rchacl.

--
Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL