[cvsnt] Re: Migrate From CVS-1.11.18 patched by CVSACL-1.2.2

Cheok Yan Cheng yccheok at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 18 19:16:59 GMT 2006

AFAIK, CVSACL stores its permission information in
.access files in each directory across the repository,
not into the RCS files themselves. So the repository
itself should be fully compatible. Someone could write
script to convert from .access to the xml format used
by CVSNT, but unless the access rules are too complex,
it should be easier to define them again using
chacl/rchacl.

Thank you. I think what I will do is just reuse all
the old CVS repository, except the CVSROOT folder,
which will be re-initialized by CVSNT itself. After
that, I will re-define the permission access by hand.
Hopefully this can work smoothly ;)