[cvsnt] cvsagent: Always stay on top - persistent?

Michael Wojcik Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com
Tue Mar 21 16:09:19 GMT 2006

It is

> Microsoft also agree - since XP at least applications cannot force
> themselves onto the top.

Well *some* applications certainly can.  VS.NET 2005, for example, has
the grotesque misbehavior of forcing itself to the top every time it
gets focus, which is damned annoying if you use implicit focus (the
misnamed "X-Mouse" option in TweakUI, for example).

Of course, it's entirely possible that this requires secret UI tricks
that Microsoft has reserved for itself.

And Microsoft is notorious for ignoring its own UI rules; Office doesn't
use the standard File controls, for example, which is annoying because
you can't change the (useless, in my book) default locations on the
"location bar".

Not that any of this is particularly relevant to CVSNT, so I'll shut up
now.

--
Michael Wojcik
Principal Software Systems Developer, Micro Focus