[cvsnt] CVSNT and Subversion

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Wed Mar 22 23:37:01 GMT 2006

Dan Pupek wrote:

> BTW: I would like to see a more definitive road map from March-Hare that
> included tools for mirroring and merging of mixed SVN and CVSNT servers.
> Seems like a crazy idea, right? So did many things in the past.

I've *seen* the definitive roadmap, and if I want to actually work less
than 24 hours a day I don't need any more features, thanks! :P

I'm sure it's possible to convert between them given enough time and
coffee.  It'll be more pracical with CVSNT 3.x which is fully database
driven - the RCS files create certain senamtics that make it kinda hard
to do I think at the moment.

Now if we're talking about a common replication protocol so the servers
can talk to each other & replicate each other... if the SVN people want
to go down that road then I'm happy to discuss it...  CVSNT replication
is going to get a lot more sophisticated in the future (lots of talk of
quorums and HA during our last meetings) so it'd be a bonus if the two
servers (and others) could mirror each other natively using some kind of
open protocol.