[cvsnt] Exec failed: No such file or directory

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Mar 24 06:25:45 GMT 2006

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 19:37:27 -0500, "Greg Lee" <glee-list at swspec.com>
wrote:

>Tony Hoyle wrote:
>> Glen Starrett wrote:

>> No that line is wrong - it's not valid to just pass a bash command line
>> in there - you need to specify the shell yourself if you want to use the
>> shell, or create a script (which is the way it's supposed to work).
>>
>> The example has been removed in later builds so people don't expect it
>> to do anything.
>
>It got there since I am migrating a repository from cvs to cvsnt.  This command is working
>on cvs 1.11.2.  I can easily add the $SHELL, but this does present an issue to
>migration/conversion that could be documented.  :-)

Normally the recommendation for migration is:
- Create a new repository on the new server
- Use the same name as was used on the old server
- Then copy all of the contents from the old server to the new
- *Except* the contents of CVSROOT!
- Now configure CVSROOT scripts manually using the rules of the new
server

You cannot expect the script handling to be compatible across
platforms but the RCS files are.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)