[cvsnt] Re: Bad upgrade experience to current CVSNT 2.50.3 (2260)

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Fri Mar 24 20:25:32 GMT 2006

John Peacock wrote:
> This may only be a problem on NT...

I could fire up an NT VMWare and have a look.. haven't run NT for a
while (it's a git installing NT until you get IE6 on there... the
Microsoft site doesn't work with IE2 any more...).  Apart from some
active directory stuff I can't see what would break on it, since NT,
2000 and XP are basically the same core.

It has its own delayload mechanism - it doesn't show up in dumpbin as a
dependency even when you use it.  It's possible the one that ships with
VS2003 doesn't like NT but it's the first I've heard of it.

Not sure why you don't have it.. there's no way I can see that it
wouldn't be installed (other than MSI screwing up again - as a general
rule don't attempt software upgrades using MSI installers.. the engine
sucks and nearly always screws something up).  Also, even then typing
dbghelp.dll into google brings the microsoft redistributable as the
second link.