[cvsnt] Can no longer commit binary files (w/delta) after 2260 update (audit-issue?)

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Mon Mar 27 15:45:36 BST 2006

We have finally made the move from CVSNT 2.0.51d to 2.5.03.2260 for our
production server. Now, there's a problem. It seems I can no longer
commit new revisions to binary files using the -kB flag. The commit
hangs for a while (trace says "16:29:35: S -> Call pre-loaded
'audit_trigger.dll'") then after 30 seconds I get:

cvs [commit aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages
if any)

The tail of the trace (immediately following the line quoted above) is
this:

16:29:35: S -> Exception caught - in minidumper
16:30:05: S -> send=1
16:30:05: S -> Dumping to
D:\SourceControl\temp\cvsnt-2.5.03.2260-starwalk-4304427f6bf3576-small.d
mp
16:30:05: S -> Start dump

This used to work flawlessly with the old server and it also works fine
when not using deltas, i.e. regular -kb . Also, the initial commit
works fine with -kB as well. It's only subsequent commits that fail.

I've got the following in my cvswrappers file if that's of any
importance (the files in question were of the below types):

*.dll -k 'B'
*.bpl -k 'B'
*.exe -k 'B'
*.res -k 'B'
*.bmp -k 'B'
*_TLB.pas -k 'o'

The Audit plugin is enabled and set to use a SQLite DB file. Obviously
this was not the case with the old server.

Tony should I send you the trace and the dump file?

Cheers,

--
Oliver
MSN:  ogiesen at hotmail.com