[cvsnt] Re: Moving files to different directories

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Tue Mar 28 15:56:47 BST 2006

Harrison, Andrew wrote:
> As you can see from my cvs version, I'm not exactly up-to-date with the
> server version. Is there significant differences in rename in 2.5.x, and
> is it worth using/waiting for 2.6.x instead?

2.6 will support file and directory renames transparently but it depends
on how long you're prepared to wait for it - it's still in active
development & has a number of issues.

2.5 has most of the same issues that triggered the 2.6 core rewrite..
renaming within directories is OK(ish) but I wouldn't normally try it
across directories (it can work but you have to be careful how you do
it.. wouldn't want to do it with a lot of files).