[cvsnt] Re: Moving files to different directories

Harrison, Andrew andy.harrison at anite.com
Tue Mar 28 16:46:27 BST 2006

> If you go into your repository through the filesystem on the server
(after
> shutting down cvs), you can rename .xxx,v files, or move them around.
> They'll have the old revision history, and when you start CVS up
again, and
> update, it should update everyone's code to the new structure names.
>
> Obviously, you'd want to do it as a clean break, and make a backup
first.

Thanks Jesse, but unfortunately we can't do it as a clean break. We have
to be able to reproduce historical versions using the old structure.
Plus if there are any users working on branches using the old structure,
then (I think) their sandbox will break next time they try to do
anything on any of the affected files.

Rgds,
Andy

--
Andy Harrison - Platform Software Engineer
Anite Telecoms Ltd. Ancells Business Park, Fleet, Hampshire, GU51 2UZ,

Scanned for viruses by BlackSpider MailControl. The integrity and security of this message cannot be guaranteed. This email is intended for the named recipient only, and may contain confidential information and proprietary material. Any unauthorised use or disclosure is prohibited.