[cvsnt] Re: Bug in cvsnt admin command(-o option)

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Thu Mar 30 08:27:18 BST 2006

Дмитрий Жилин wrote:

> We have found a serious bug in the cvsnt admin command(-o option)
> When this command used to outdate some revision from a compressed
> repository file , the file becames corrupted(no one can checkout it).
>
> Example:
> cvs add -kBz some_file.bin
> cvs ci -m first_rev some_file.bin

Could you repeat your tests for -kB, -kb, -kz and regular text files?
Does the problem appear with those modes as well?
This information is crucial in pinning down the source of the problem.
-kBz is simply too much of a special case.

> 08:41:46:   -> Server version is CVSNT 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2151
> 08:41:46:   -> Client version is CVSNT 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2244
<.snip.>

> We hope that the bug will be removed in new releases.

Maybe it already is. Both your client and your server are not the
latest release. Your client is not even running an officially stable
release.

Cheers,

--
Oliver