[cvsnt] Re: Auditing error for commit of added files on branch (cvsnt 2.5.03.2260)

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Thu May 4 23:07:37 BST 2006

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 19:09:46 +0100, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at telia.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 08:54:09 +0100, Bo Berglund
><bo.berglund at telia.com> wrote:
>
>>Adding to the confusion reported about loginfo not being called for
>>2.5.03.2260, I have now also checked the auditing:
>>
>>1- I added a file to a folder on a branch
>>2- I committed the file
>>Seemingly these operations succeeded and the file is in the repo.
>>But no call to CVSMailer from loginfo was done.
>>
>>In the Auditing database I can find this:
>>1. The add command is recorded in Sessionlog
>>2. The commit command is recorded in Sessionlog and Historylog but
>>*not* in commitlog
>>
>>So the commit of the added file is *partially* recorded in the
>>database (sessionlog + historylog), but since the commitlog entry is
>>missing it is impossible to trace the file location. The internal path
>>(=module) to the file is only recorded in commitlog, which is missing.
>>
>>It does not make a difference if I explicitly commit the file or if I
>>enter the commit command in the folder without file specifier.
>>

>Any info at all on this????
>Is the error catered for already and if so where can I get a
>solution. Right now I cannot build myself since the transfer to 2.6 on
>the cvsnt repository made the sources not update properly anymore...

Now the testing version 2.5.03.2322 is available from the CVSNT wiki
download and from my website as well and I just tested against this
auditing bug.
Result: It is now fixed! :-)
The audit work also for files added on a branch and loginfo gets
called when such an add is committed.

Case closed.

HTH

/Bo