[cvsnt] Re: Problems with case sensitive usernames using :SSPI: as

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Fri May 5 11:14:01 BST 2006

Jelinek, Robert wrote:
  config-parameter), and this can only be realized in CVSNT. Even if the
> winbind-wrapper authenticates only lowercase usernames, the clients uses
> all possible cases, so correcting ntlm_auth does not help. I think this
> should be rediscussed to modify the SSPI-method.

Just tell your users not to specify a username at all (the normal case)
in which case Windows will use its internal username which will always
be identical.

Using SSPI for Unix *and* specifying a username is a very unusual
configuration - and is the source of your issues.  If you're using
domain authentication then it's always better to let the Windows handle
it internally, and if you're specifying a username use something like
SSH which is native to Unix rather than a Windows emulation layer.