[cvsnt] Novice user need help

Vicky Wang wangv at pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca
Fri May 5 18:42:20 BST 2006

Hi,

  Please help me with this. I am a novice user to CVSNT, I need a version
control tool for project that has 2 developers working on it. I decided
CVSNT is a good option after discuss with several people. I downloaded CVSNT
2.0.51d + WinCVS 2.0.2.4, and need to set up repository but could not do it
sucessfully. I want to set up the repository remotely on another windows
file server, but I wanted to try on my local machine first, now I even could
get the local machine set up.

  Here is what I did:

I use GUI of WinCVS to set up repository locally using following steps:

Remote ->Create New repository...->

I got this:

cvs -d c:\CVSROOT checkout -c

***** CVS exited normally with code 0 *****

seems repository set up successfully, and I can see the new folder called
c:\CVSROOT with lots of admin files inside has been created, looks every
thing is fine up to now

then I imported all my code folders into this c:\CVSROOT\, and it was also
done secessfully

then I tried to checkout files,

Remote ->Check out module ->

then I got this error message (always, no matter how I changed setting):

cvs -d c:\CVSROOT checkout -P -d C:\Try --
C:\CVSROOT\CVSROOT\NUSEDS_TEST\Current (in directory c:\CVSROOT)

cvs checkout: cwd=C:\CVSROOT ,current=C:\CVSROOT

cvs [checkout aborted]: Absolute module reference invalid:
`C:\CVSROOT\CVSROOT\NUSEDS_TEST\Current'

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

Could any one help me please?

Thanks,

Vicky