[cvsnt] Access to file contents via commitinfo script

Thomas Muller ttm at online.no
Tue May 9 18:53:30 BST 2006

CVS gurus,

I'm trying to create a style checker script via commitinfo, but are having
trouble accessing the contents of the pre-commited file.

I've added the following line to CVSROOT/commitinfo

	Test/* D:/BaseCamp/Tools/Sun/J2SE/1.5.0_06/bin/java -classpath
D:/BaseCamp/CVS/PreCommitChecks PreCommitTest

When I commit a file in the Test directory I get the directory name as an
argument to my PreCommitTest program, and the filename as a line fed into
std-in. However, I don't know how to access the contents of the pre-commited
file; it does not exist as a "temporary" file in the CVS repository, at
least not where I expect to find it (Test/<myfile>).

Platform:
OS: Win2003 server
CVSNT server version: 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2151

Any input would be much appreciated.

--

Thomas