[cvsnt] Revisions show up for one user, but are not in the repository.

Shawn Matlock matlocs at odscompanies.com
Tue May 16 15:58:47 BST 2006

Wrong group. My apologies.

-----Original Message-----
From: cvsnt-bounces at cvsnt.org [mailto:cvsnt-bounces at cvsnt.org] On Behalf Of
Shawn Matlock
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2006 7:36 AM
To: cvsnt at cvsnt.org
Subject: [cvsnt] Revisions show up for one user,but are not in the
repository.

The problem is already fixed, but I would like to know what happened.

CVS 1.11.17
TortoiseCVS 1.8.25

One user showed 7 revisions in History - 1.1 ... 1.7 all committed.

Another user tried to Update to the latest. He had it - 1.1.

I checked out a clean copy and there was only 1.1 in the repository.

None of the 7 commits made it into the repository. The file was named wrong
on his machine ('p' instead of 'P'). I renamed it, Updated, deleted the
update, and moved it back to the correct name. It checked in as 1.2.

None of the other revisions matter for this file, but they easily could
have.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Shawn