[cvsnt] User with only read premission cannot add watch on file.

Andrew Gaganov agaganov at openwaygroup.com
Fri May 19 07:37:55 BST 2006

Hi!

Server: Linux CVSNT 2.5.01 (Travis) Build 1998
Client: Windows CVSNT 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2151

We have some folder "src" and user "agaganov" that has only read
permission for this folder.
User wants to receive e-mail notification on changing some files inside
this folder.

But when we try add watch on file, we receive error:
-------------------------
cvs watch add b.txt

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

cvsnt server: User 'agaganov' cannot write to
/home/cvs/root/kakos2/test_fld/src

How can we solve this problem ? This user is just reader for this folder
and we don't want to give him write permission.

TIA!

-------
Andrew Gaganov
E-Mail : agaganov at openwaygroup.com