[cvsnt] Re: PAM Winbind linux cvsnt

Alberto Di Fede alberto.difede at gmail.com
Mon May 22 06:13:47 BST 2006

Il giorno 15/mag/06, alle ore 15:05, Tony Hoyle ha scritto:

> Albe wrote:
>> Hi Tony,
>> regarding the subject, when will PAM support in cvsnt comprehend
>> the session part?
>>
> That's entirely down to PAM - all we do is authenticate the user.

I already tried to add "session" part to pam cvsnt configuration file
but, as you said, all cvsnt does is considering the authentication
part, skipping over others. If i don't recall bad, i did ask about
this here months ago and was said to me that pam sessions weren't
supported by cvsnt itself.

> I don't see the purpose in makeing CVSNT setup things like .forward
> files - that's the kind of thing that shell access is for... it's
> *way* outside the remit of cvsnt to start modifying user account
> data like that.

That's a use i make of PAM for administration purposes.

I don't know the PAM mechanism completely, but i'm wondering why
cvsnt does skip other parts when indicated: is it really totally a
pam issue or just the way pam authentication is called by cvsnt?

Thanks in advance.

Alberto