[cvsnt] Absolute module reference invalid error

Webmaster33 webmaster33 at gmail.com
Tue May 23 03:07:41 BST 2006

I try to checkout a local repository, into a directory, however
I always get the "Absolute module reference invalid" error:

cvs -d :local:E:\temp\test_cvs checkout -- E:\temp\test_cvs\CVSROOT\ (in directory E:\temp\test_checkout)
cvs checkout: cwd=E:\temp\test_checkout ,current=E:\temp\test_checkout
cvs [checkout aborted]: Absolute module reference invalid: `E:\temp\test_cvs\CVSROOT\'

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

What is wrong?
I can not find such error in the manual, nor a solution for it on the net.

Thanks,
Webmaster33