[cvsnt] Re: Absolute module reference invalid error

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue May 23 07:03:55 BST 2006

On Tue, 23 May 2006 04:07:41 +0200, "Webmaster33"
<webmaster33 at gmail.com> wrote:

>I try to checkout a local repository, into a directory, however
>I always get the "Absolute module reference invalid" error:
>
>cvs -d :local:E:\temp\test_cvs checkout -- E:\temp\test_cvs\CVSROOT\ (in directory E:\temp\test_checkout)
>cvs checkout: cwd=E:\temp\test_checkout ,current=E:\temp\test_checkout
>cvs [checkout aborted]: Absolute module reference invalid: `E:\temp\test_cvs\CVSROOT\'
>
>***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****
>

>What is wrong?
>I can not find such error in the manual, nor a solution for it on the net.

Supply at least a minimum of information concerning your actual setup:
Server CVS version
Server operating system
Client CVS version
Client operating system
Client GUI type/version (this looks like a WinCvs dialogue)

Did you test a completely new installation?
Why did you not specify *WHAT* to check out?

HTH

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)